December 13, 2022: 5:30 pm – 8:00 pm
UA Local 412 Plumbers & Pipefitters, 510 San Pedro SE, 87108
VOLUNTEERS in Bernalillo County showed up throughout the year and turned out the Democratic vote in a BIG way in November. DPBC issues this invitation as a show of appreciation!
Let’s get together and celebrate Bernalillo County’s Beautiful Blue 2022!
Even in Victory, We Need Hope
By Jennie Lusk
On November 8, before election results started rolling in, Rebecca Solnit’s thoughts on hope came to mind: “To hope is to give yourself to the future–and that commitment to the future is what makes the present inhabitable.”
As the day went along, future hope seemed less critical as we moved toward a blue wave, rather than a red wave, in a brighter and brighter present.
Why? For one thing, Democrats in New Mexico won so resoundingly:
- All of the state’s U.S. congressional districts!
- All the statewide races—governor and lieutenant governor, attorney general, secretary of state, auditor, treasurer!
- Almost every single Bernalillo County race for the New Mexico House of Representatives
- All the Dems in judge races
- The critically important race for sheriff in Bernalillo County (in a state where some constitutional sheriffs still question whether they can defy New Mexico law)
- The county assessor, a particularly important race
- Open Bernalillo County Commission seats
- The Early Childhood Amendment passed and will transform New Mexico’s children’s lives and educational systems
November 29, 2022
November 22, 2022
November 18, 2022