The following volunteer opportunities are available now. If you are interested, have the needed skills and experience, or want to know more, please fill out and submit the Volunteer Interest Form. Tell us which opportunity you are interested in. A Volunteer Coordinator will contact you shortly. Thank you!
Resolutions Committee Members and Volunteers
The Democratic Party’s platform develops from the ideas of grassroots activists who put their ideals into words, via resolutions that proclaim the policy positions the Democratic Party supports. Resolutions passed by the Resolutions Committee at its upcoming December 7th meeting will be presented for vote at the DPBC County Convention in 2020.
Each of the DPBC’s 58 wards elects one of its own to serve on the Resolutions Committee. We currently have vacancies in these wards: 14A, 15A, 16B, 16C, 17A, 17B, 17C, 18A, 18B, 18C, 19C, 20B, 21A, 21B, 22A, 23A, 23B, 23C, 24B, 24C, 25B, 25C, 26A, 26B, 27B, 28A, 28B, 28C.
If your Ward already has a Resolutions Committee member, we still need your help at the December 7 meeting!
Special Newsletter Editor
Join our Newsletter team as the Special Newsletter Editor, promoting DPBC events and programs to engage and activate our county Democrats. Assemble the provided content, create the layout, including graphics and links to readers’ response forms, and distribute via email. All newsletters are created and mailed using the MailChimp program. Training provided.
Frequency of Special Newsletter: Approximately once or twice a month.
Events – Third Thursday Program Coordinator
Help plan and coordinate the DPBC “Third Thursday” monthly meetings. Work with the leadership team in planning programs that are interesting, educational, and helpful to our active Democrats.
Coordinate meeting schedules, venue locations, special guests, and work with volunteers for set up and tear down.
Work with our Communications Team to create, implement and coordinate communications that effectively represent and promote the DPBC message. Help coordinate these messages across platforms.
The Communications Team’s activities can include creation and development of print and online content, email marketing, web site content development, press releases, bylined articles, and more.
- Coordinate a variety of events, conventions and outreaches for the DPBC.
- Help plan the scope of each event, including time, location, and cost.
- Determine and arrange needed resources, such as printing, audio/visual, volunteers, etc.
Join our Scheduling Coordinator in helping plan events:
- Research, visit, and schedule venues for DPBC events.
- Develop a list of potential venues that can be considered for a variety of events.
- Assist Events Team in planning signage directing event participants to the appropriate building/rooms for each event.
Financial Oversight Committee
Experience required: Basic bookkeeping, bankers, accountants or others who have worked with financial reporting.
- Prepare annual budgets for approval by organizational leadership.
- Review and ensure reporting is accurate and conforms to Secretary of State requirements.
- Review existing policies and make recommendations ensuring all funds are spent appropriately.
- Work with the Treasurer in providing accountability and transparency.
Ward & Precinct Development
The new Ward and Precinct Development Committee seeks volunteers. The goal of the committee is to improve the level of activity of the wards and precincts across the county. Many Precinct Chair positions are currently vacant. Newly-elected Ward Chairs need training and guidance to prepare for the 2020 campaign. Thousands of potential voters are not yet registered. We will form a committee of twelve members to address these challenges. Volunteers should have a willingness to put in the work necessary to accomplish our ambitious goals. We seek open-minded individuals willing to work on an open-ended problem. Volunteers should be willing to be guided by data rather than by preconceptions.